I’d always prefer a pasta with a creamy and rich white sauce over one which is tomato-based anytime, anyday. With this preference, I myself made a recipe when I was in high school for our Food Technology home cooking project. Guess what? My experiment turned out to be a taste bud prostitute which pleased almost everyone I cooked for. Yay! So I'm sharing this recipe with you guys.
- 2 big cans of Century Tuna Spicy
- 1 kilo uncooked fettuccini
- 1 can button mushrooms (pieces and stems)
- 8-10 pieces black olives (optional)
- 1 small bar of Quickmelt cheese, grated
- 1 pack Knorr Cream of Mushroom
- 2 tetra packs of Nestle Multipurpose Cream (330ml each)
- 1 bar anchor butter (unsalted)
- Finely chopped parsely
- 10-15 cloves of garlic
- 1 large Onion (white)
- Cook the pasta as seen in the directions until it becomes al dente.
- Saute the minced garlic until golden brown using 1/4 of the bar of butter. I do use garlic liberally whenever I cook since it has already been proven by the that it can help in lowering the blood pressure and in preventing the development of hypertension.
- Add chopped onions. Use the white onion since it becomes “sweet” when cooked.
- Add the 2 cans of spicy Century Tuna. To make the cream based pasta a little unconventional and healthy at the same time, I decided to put a little kick to it by using the spicy variant of Century Tuna. Do not remove the oil along with the tuna. It contains good cholesterol and adds more flavor to it!
- Simmer for 3 mins. to let some of the oil evaporate
- Dilute the cream of mushroom in hot water and pour it along with the garlic, onions, and tuna. Add 2-4 cups of water and mix thoroughly.
- Add the 2 tetra packs of all-purpose cream. Since we’re Filipinos, add a little water to the pack. Shake it a little then pour it as well in the pan. Sayang naman yung natira.
- Add the chopped mushrooms, parsely, black olives, and grated cheese. Add the remaining ¾ of the butter and let it cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add black ground pepper as desired.
- Serve while hot